1. Hernandez L, Probst A, Probst JL, Ulrich E. Heavy metal distribution in some French forest soils: evidence for atmospheric contamination. The Science of the Total Environment. 2003; 312:195–219.
2. Doelsch E, Macary HS, Van de Kerchove V. Sources of very high heavy metal content in soils of volcanic island (La Re´union). Journal of Geochemical Exploration. 2006; 88:194– 197.
3. Tijani MN, Okunlola OA, Abimbola AF. Lithogenic concentrations of trace metals in soils and saprolites over crystalline basement rocks: A case study from SW Nigeria. Journal of African Earth Sciences. 2006; 46:427–438.
4. Upadhyay AK, Gupta KK, Sircar JK, Deb MK, Mundhara GL. Heavy metals in freshly deposited sediments of the river Subernarekha, India: an example of lithogenic and anthropogenic effects, Environ Geol. 2006; 50:397-403.
5. Jordan C, Zhang C, Higgins A. Using GIS and statistics to study influences of geology on probability features of surface soil geochemistry in Northern Ireland. Journal of Geochemical Exploration. 2007; 93:135–152
6. Shakeri abdolmaleki AR. Assessment of pollution of heavy metals (Fe, Mn, Ni, Pb and Zn) in sediments and its impact on water quality (Case study Chahnimeh 1 reservoir in Sistan) M.Sc. Thesis, University of Zabol.2012. (Persian)
7. Kabata-Pendias A, Mukherjee AB. Trace Elements from Soil to Human, Springer Berlin Heidelberg New York. 2007.
8. Kabata-Pendias A, Pendias H. Trace elements in soils and plants. Third edition, CRC Press LLC. 2001; 408p 9. Garavand M, Ghasemi H, Hafezi Moghddas N. Geochemical and Environmental Assessment of the Heavy Metals in the Soils Derived from the Gorgan Schists, Scientific Quarterly Journal, GEOSCIENCES. 2012; 22:35-46.
10. Ghrefat H A, Abu-Rukah Y, Rosen MA. Application of geoaccumulation index and enrichment factor for assessing metal contamination in the sediments of Kafrain Dam, Jordan. Springer Science, Environ Monit Assess. 2010; 178:95–109.
11. Cevik F, Göksu MZ, Derici OB, Fındık O. An assessment of metal pollution in surface sediments of Seyhan dam by using enrichment factor, geoaccumulation index and statistical analyses. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 2008; 152:309–317.
12. Mor F, Soltani N, Keshavarzi B, Karimi M, Esmaelzade A. Environmental geochemistry, water, soil and sediments of copper deposit of Darrehzar (Kerman). Journal of Advanced Applied Geology. 2012; 1:29-37. (Persian)
13. Sarhangi A, Modaberi S, Mosaviharami SR, zibaee M. Contamination of potentially toxic elements in Latian Reservoir, with a view to the role of sediments in pollution control Journal of earth Science (geological engineering and environment). 2014; 94:139-146. (Persian)
14. Kargar AA, Sedghi H. Introduce and review of the most common methods for prediction of sedimentation in reservoirs (Case Study: Sefidrud dam). 14th National Civil Engineering Students Conference, 25 Auguest,Semnan University, Semnan, Iran. 2009. (Persian)
15. Anonymous. A detailed assessment of stability control of double-arch concrete of Kardeh dam. Khorasan Razavi Regional Water Authority, Department of Department of Conservation and Utilization. 2005;120 p. (Persian)
16. Ergin M, Saydam C, Basturk O, Erdem E, Yoruk R. Metal concentrations in surface sediments from the two coastal inlets (Golden Horn Estuary and Izmit Bay) of the northeastern Sea of Marmara. Chem. Geol. 1991; 91:269–285.
17. Hakanson L. An ecological risk index for aquatic pollution control, a sedimentological approach. Water Res. 1980; 14:975-1001.
18. Abrahim GMS. Holocene sediments of Tamaki Estuary: Characterisation and impact of recent human activity on an urban estuary in Auckland, New Zealand, Ph.D. thesis, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand. 2005; 361p.
19. Tomlinson DL, Wilson JG, Harris CR, Jeffrey DW. Problems in the assessment of heavy-metal levels in estuaries and the formation of a pollution index. Helgol. Meeresunters. 1980; 33:566-575.
20. Aikpokpodion PE, Lajide L, Aiyesanmi AF. Heavy metals contamination in Fungicide treated Cocoa plantations in Cross River State, Nigeria, American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 2010; 8(3):268-274.
21. Australian and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council (ANZECC), Agriculture and Resource Management Council of Australia and New Zealand. In: Preda, M., Cox, M. E., (2002). Trace Metal Occurrence and Distribution in Sediments and Mangroves, Pumicestone Region, Southeast Quuensland, Austalia. Environ. Int. 1999; 28:433-449.
22. Praveena SM, Radojevic M, Abdullah MH, Aris AZ. Application Of Sediment Quality Guidelines In The Assessment Of Mangrove Surface Sediment In Mengkabong Lagoon, Sabah, Malaysia. 2008; 5:35-42.
23. Caeiro S, Costa MH, Ramos TB, Fernandes F, Silveira N, Coimbra A, Medeiros G, Painho M. Assessing Heavy Metal Contamination in Sado Estuary Sediment. An Index Analysis Approach. Ecol. Indicators. 2005; 5:151–169.
24. Mil-Homens M, Stevens RL, Abrantes F, Cato I. Heavy Metals Assessment for Surface Sediment from Three Areas of the Portuguese Continental Shelf. Cont. Shelf Res. 2006; 26:1184-1205.
25. Washington Department of Ecology. Sediment Management Standards. Chapter 173–204, Washington Administrative Code, amended December, 1995. In Long E. R., MacDonald, D. D., (1998). Recommended Uses of Empirically Derived, Sediment Quality Guidelines for Marine and Estuarine Ecosystems. HERA. 1995; 4:1019-1039.
26. Chen CW, Kao CM, Chen CF, Dong CD. Distribution and accumulation of heavy metals in the sediments of Kaohsinung Harbor. Taiwan, Chemosphere. 2007; 66:1431-1440.
27. Hejduk L, Banasik K. Variations in suspended sediment grain sizes in flood events of a small lowland river. IAHS-AISH publication. 2010; 337: 189-196.